Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My knee

So I went to the orthopedic doctor for my knees today. I hurt my left knee when I ran the 10 mile for pear blossom and my right knee had been bothering me when I was training to run the 10 mile. Well good news for the right knee come to find out my knee cap just doesn't sit into the groove right when I am running. I am about 16 degrees off so I will get physical therapy for that. The doctor said it really isn't uncommon to see it in females. Bad news for the left knee. The doctor thinks I tore my miniscus in my left knee. So I have to go for an MRI and see if it's actually torn. If it is that means surgery for me. If it's not torn it means physical therapy for that knee too so I don't tear it. But until he see the MRI I can't run:( Yeah not what I wanted to hear. I pretty much have to stay off of it to prevent any further damage. So I can still exercise but basically I am limited to the stupid bike. Dr. Webb said spin class will do me good, little does he know how much I hate spin classes!!! But if that's all I will do I will do it. I will not give up working out for my stupid knee!!!!!!!!

I will keep you all updated but keep the prayers and positive thoughts that it's not torn and don't need surgery!!!!