Saturday, May 22, 2010

Such Frustrations!!

So all I want for my little monkey for her birthday is to give her a minnie mouse birthday party! You would think that would be easy but oh no!!!! I found the decorations and have purchased those but can I find a cake??? Oh no. See I don't like any of the store bought cakes and I found some pretty cakes online. I go get a quote today on them and find out it would cost me $210 to get one of these cakes made!!!! Are you kidding me for 25 people? Heck no it's for my 2 year old! So I get this bright idea that Trav and I will make her cupcakes this year. So I head on down to Michael's get decorating stuff and then to the store for cake mix and frosting. Let's just say it's a disaster! So after baking for an hour I look up online for minnie mouse cake pans only to find them for $50! Really people it's a cake for a 2 year old. So now my option is let me mom see what she can do with the cupcakes or a store bought cake. Not really excited about that option. I wish I wasn't so picky about this but I want to make sure my little girl has the best Minnie Mouse party one little girl can have. Did I mention I like to throw parties and get a little obsesive about it? Well I do but thankfully I have a great hubby and some wonderful parents that go through my crazy ideas with me:)

No comments: