Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pear Blossom Run

Well I did it! I ran the 10 mile race for Pear Blossom today. I did pretty good considering I have a chest cold. My official time was 1:45:37!!!I had a 10:34 pace which is my normal pace time. I am so proud of myself!

I woke up this morning feeling the worst I have felt since I got this stupid cold a couple of days ago! Trust me if it wasn't for the fact it was the Pear Blossom Run I would not have been running today as my cold is mainly in my chest. We had really good weather for the run which kinda was bad for me. Weather forecast was calling for 26!! So I broke down and bought the bootie hugging jogging pants! They are not the most attractive but they kept me warm. I also wore a shirt that our Duck Football team wears under their uniforms to keep warm under my t-shirt. By mile 6 I was so hot and stuck with long sleeve shirt that I just wanted off!

Its been a goal of mine for a few years now to run the 10 mile race but have never been able to do it until this year. This year I had the best group of girls from bootcamp to run with. We all supported and pushed each other throught training and today's race. So I went out there determined not to let me cold defeat me or my right knee which was sore from running a couple of weeks ago. I told myself I was not going to stop for any reason and I planned to run the whole 10 miles no stopping and walking! Guess what? I did it!!!!!! It hurt after mile 6 because most of mile 6 was uphill and I could not catch my stupid breath!!! But then out of no where my left knee started throbbing around mile 6 also! But I toughed it out and finished! It was the best feeling to know I just accomplished a goal but also such a long distance!

The best part of the run was at the end my sweet baby girl and husband were there cheering me on! It gave me the last bit of energy I needed to sprint it on in to the end!!! I am sore and my knee is shot but it was well worth it! Can't wait for the half marathon I am running here soon:)

No comments: