Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lazy day!

What a lazy day but what a good day! I think it is exactly what we needed after being on the go every weekend since March!! Addison and I woke up at 7 am (more like Addison woke me up yelling mamma I pooped when she didn't). We then went for a 3.5 mile walk and I have to say I am quite proud of our little walk. I am more of a runner then a walker but I was able to get my heart rate up to what it would be when I am running so let me tell you what a work out I got this morning!!! While Addison was in her jogging stroller pointing out colors, birds and bubbas to me:)

It was the city wide yard sale today so on our walk we saw tons of garage sales. As soon as we got home we got daddy up and headed out for some yard saling:) Now I am not one for yard sales because the fact of the matter is we have enough of our own junk that I don't want someone elses. Trav always tells me he loves to look at everyone's junk and I have to say this year I felt that itch. So out the door we went and I expected to be gone only a half hour. An hour later we came home with a Mickey Mouse pillow, a Minnie mouse pillow, pajamas for a monkey and a car for her to sit in that has a handle that comes up to your waist so you can push her in. The grand total $6!!!!!! Oh yes we scored today:)

The car is old and well used but for $5 I couldn't resist to buy it for my mom's house:) Addison had so much fun riding home in it. She kept telling me mamma go go go so I ended up running home so she could go faster:) It's pink with a purple handle and wheels. She loves it and I have to say I have looked at getting her one since last year so I will clean it up and disinfect it so it will be ready to go to mom's house. I already cleaned the pillows and pajamas!

After we got home it was off to gymnastics which Addison did awesome today. She was stretching, touching her toes and jumping with the best of them. I was so proud of her:) After gymnastics mommy and monkey got some lunch came home and took a nap. My goal was to clean the house and get all laundry all caught up but I guess a day of relaxation was what the doctor ordered because it feels awesome to just relax!

Now it's time to put my monkeyroo to bed and watch the blindside with my hubby!
What a perfect Saturday:)

No comments: